Wednesday, November 23, 2011

November 23, 2011

"Do you believe in body memory," I asked Orion.  "Yes," Orion responded. "Each of the stars that make up my body has a story of its existence, which together make me who I am. Is that what you mean?" "Well, sort of," I said. "I am a product of my genetics and experiences.  In trying to protect me, to what extent do my subconsious body memories prevent me from becoming who I want to be?  It is important to learn to be aware of and listen to what my body is telling me. It's part of the mind/body/spirit triumvirate."

1 comment:

  1. Our subconscious body memories project our response to each of our own triumphs and failings. But we need to be aware that they also are responding to the triumphs and failings of others. It becomes crucial that our conscious differentiate between our own and those we respond to. We heal through that acceptance of what belongs to others as well as understanding and integration of our own subconscious memories.

    ReplyDelete