Tuesday, June 26, 2012

June 26,2012

"Hey, Orion," I said. "I figured out why the staff of the Department of Environmental Quality in Saipan like it when I visit."  "Okay, I'll bite," answered Orion. "Why do they like it when you come out?" "Because they use my visit as a justification for rewarding the staff.  This trip they reserved a conference room at a resort hotel, including refreshments morning and afternoon, and a huge buffet lunch.  This is a way to reward hard working staff who earn an average of $12 to 15K in salary."  "I'm sure the staff enjoys that," Orion said.  "Do you think they also get a lot out of what you are teaching them?" "Well, I guess there might be a little of that.  One person, who remembered me from 7 years ago, gave me a hug and said 'welcome home, John.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment