Saturday, June 23, 2012

June 24, 2012

"Hi, Orion," I said, as I drink a beer at 4:30 p.m. in Saipan. "We haven't talked in a long time, like two months," Orion answered.  "Anything wrong?" "I have to admit, I started feeling silly talking to a constellation of stars," I said. "That sounds like a normal thing to think," Orion responded.  "Why are you talking to me now?" "I feel a little down, maybe a little lonely." "So here's the thing, john-boy, you tell all of your coaching clients that they have their own answers inside them, right? And what you do is bring out their own wisdom, right? Isn't that kind of what you use me for?  To bring out your own wisdom?"  "I guess so," I said. "So what's up now that is causing you to be down?"  "I just finished a stressful week in Guam with a resistant boss, and now I face a week working with 50 people, all by myself."  "We've got lots to talk about, grasshopper!"

No comments:

Post a Comment